It’s great to see cricket back again for a shorter than usual 2020 season. Here are the milestones for this week.
Saturday 11th July
- Gerard O’Malley (2/19) at home to Knowle Village recorded his best bowling figures for the club – previously 1/29.
Sunday 18th July
- Martin Finnemore (3/10) recorded best home bowling figures against Solihull Blossomfield – previously Simon Walton (3/35) on 29 August 2015.
- Gerard O’Malley (3/18) at home to Solihull Blossomfield recorded his best bowling figures for the club for the second week running.
- Paul Tisdell (60*) upon reaching 14 against Solihull Blossomfield attained 3000 3rd XI runs, becoming the first player to do so and also recorded the highest score for Municipal at home to Solihull Blossomfield – previously Jason Dallow (37) on 25 May 2013.
Sunday 19th July
- Danyal Mehmood (123*) at Nether Whitacre recorded his first hundred for the 1st XI, and his second club hundred, with his highest score for the club, previously 109 for the 3rd XI against Moseley Ashfield on 1 June 2019, and when reaching 81 he surpassed the previous highest score by a Municipal batsman at Nether Whitacre which was made by Stan Thompson (116*) on 25 July 1993.
- Gurnoor Singh made his club debut for the 1st XI at Nether Whitacre.
- Gurnoor Singh (30) and Danyal Mehmood (123*) shared a 2nd wicket stand of 117 and Mehmood and Michael Edwards (49*) shared an unbroken stand of 136 for the 4th wicket.