Guess who got their first century for Muni this weekend?
Some key cricketing milestones from the first week in June.
Saturday 1st June
- Danyal Mehmood scored his maiden hundred for the club with an unbeaten 109 against Moseley Ashfield and in the process shared with John Stanley a 3rd XI record partnership of 162 for the 3rd wicket, previously 124 between Paul Tisdell and Tom Blake against Knowle Village on 24 June 2017.Mehmood became the eighth player to score a century for the 3rd XI with Martin Finnemore (2) the only player to have recorded more than one.
Sunday 2nd June
- Mustafa Ali (96no) eclipsed the 66 notched by Nathan Boyce on 7th July 2018 as highest individual score by a 1st XI batsman at Kings Heath.
Saturday 8th June
- George Gray (38 at Streetly) passed 3000 1st XI and 4000 club runs.
Sunday 9th June
- Toby Kerswell recorded a maiden century in compiling 106 at Redditch for the 2nd XI and alongside Amjad Aziz (67*) shared a record opening stand of 193 (previously 184 between Jim Orsler and Paul Tisdell against Knowle Village 1 September 2013). This is after the pair of them spent two hours in the morning umpiring the Under 15s game!
- During the Redditch innings Navdeep Jutla 3/20 recorded his best bowling figures for the club.